These days the main portico of the San Francisco church in Alcázar de San Juan has been painted. Built in the year 1532 its portico, which was restored in the 80s, has now changed the stone for a reddish paint. The decision came from the Franciscan Fathers without having asked for permission from the provincial patrimony authorities. Since 1990 it has been of Cultural Interest, so for its modification a technical report of the Alcázar de San Juan Town Hall is mandatory, as well as passing through the Provincial Heritage Commission

See original (not translated) news ➥

 

See translated news ➥